The city of Hamilton is full of delights. Abundant with content to capture and hold the attention of any individual, it never fails to amaze. Anything but dull, life in Hamilton was one of the main reasons for people moving here. Opportunities are plentiful, whether you are an aspiring professional or a young parent. However, seeing that the title refers to age-friendly activities in Hamilton, you are most probably a senior looking for a good time. We salute your quest and will do our best to provide you with some quality material.
55 and counting
Are you avoiding age-friendly activities in Hamilton? Do you want to have your day ruined? If all of these have a positive response, Canadian Hungarian Senior Citizen Club is definitely not a place for you. However, if you are up for some nice time, feel free to stop by and enjoy a game of cards such as Cribbage, Bridge, different versions of Euchre such as Bid Euchre and Railroad Euchre. Let’s not forget darts, bingo, pool, and billiards. And when you get tired of sitting, look up fitness classes such as Yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates. Besides these usual treats, special events and meals are often a thing, depending on the amenities and location facilities that are available. If you are 55 and over, do not skip this place.
Age-friendly activities in Hamilton you can register for
Ancaster Seniors Centre
A lot of activities to choose from, many that will pique your interest, yet we will name just a few:
- If your Mondays feel dull, why not work on your Stability, Strength, and Tone. In a 60 minute session, you can have a great time and do something good for your body.
- Spice up your Tuesday with Aqua Warm Water Exercises. This 45-minute activity is bound to have you feeling great for the rest of the day.
- Care to learn something new? How about Acoustic Guitar lessons on Wednesdays? If you have an hour to spare, what better way to spend it?
- Perhaps drawing is your thing, rather than music. You’d be happy to know that your Thursdays can begin with Drawing and Pastels sessions lasting for as much as 150 minutes.
- Since the weekend is approaching, a bit of calm before the store is most appropriate. A 60 minute of Tai Chi on Fridays is bound to relax and calm you.
Please fill the form below or just call us at 877-270-3202
Sackville Hill Seniors Recreation Centre
If you plan on moving to Hamilton, but fear the lack of amusement and the difficulty of making new friends, fill your week with the following activities, and wave those troubles goodbye:
- Start your week by enjoying a game of table tennis. If you haven’t played before, it’s about time you’ve familiarized yourself with this joyous activity.
- Share-a-Craft is a wonderful opportunity to meet new people, obtain certain knowledge, and share your own abilities.
- Just the name of Open Musical Jam provides a sneak peek into the fun and delight this gathering offers. Be sure to stop by and share your tune.
- Like playing cards? How about a game of Euchre? Games for beginners are held every Thursday, so give it a go and test your luck and knowledge.
- If you are a photography enthusiast, Hamilton has something for you. A Photography Club, to be precise. Now, isn’t this a great way of meeting people with the same interests and affinities?
- How about trying age-friendly activities in Hamilton that involve team-play? If you are up for it, Volleyball practices are at your disposal.
- If you are feeling lucky, why not test your chances in a game of Bingo? A simple yet rather joyous game that always brings people together.
Dance your troubles away
Ancaster and Sackville are not done just yet. Along with Flamborough, they offer various dancing classes. From Ballet/Jazz Combo, Ballroom Dance, through Country Line dancing, Latin and Square dance, to Tap and Couples Social Dancing. Oh, let’s not forget the Belly Dancing, for all of you who feel particularly adventurous. What’s great about dancing is that you don’t notice the physical effort you are putting into the movement, all thanks to the fun you are having. However, besides being great for your body, it’s also a positive exercise for the brain. Having to perform every move correctly while following the rhythm is the thing your neurons need. With age, we tend to neglect the importance of our brain-body coordination. Setting aside our physical activities and solely focusing on the brain due to supposed age can be detrimental to both physical and mental health. We are not claiming that you ought to run marathons. A simple dance lesson will suffice.
Look around you
It’s not just the Hamilton moving services that the city has to boast about. It’s the parks, gardens and the riverside. Use the beauty and accessibility of this city to your advantage. Go out. A simple walk and a light jog are one of the favored age-friendly activities in Hamilton. Besides, physical activity is highly recommendable for every age. Who says you need to stay in and play cards? Sure, it’s a fun activity and we don’t suggest you ought to straight out avoid it. Simply, dedicate your time to enhancing your physical performance. Once you are out on the track, chances are you will meet someone with the same goal. And what better way to improve than with a good company? Not only will you do wonders for your health, but you’ll make some friends along the way.