An office move usually takes place when the chance for betterment arises. With this in mind, the person that came up with the idea of relocation would naturally want for everything to go smoothly and end with success. This is highly dependant on the movers that handle the relocation. So, the question that naturally poses itself is how to find commercial movers Oakville that are reliable, efficient and diligent. As hiring office movers that could be defined as such is a multiple-step process, we will explain it through the text that follows.
When hiring office movers, you want to get referrals
This is one of the safest ways of making a decision when it comes to hiring office movers. As a matter of fact, using other’s experience is always a good idea, regardless of the occasion. You can learn about other’s success, as well as mistakes. So, we suggest that you ask your associates about their experiences with moving companies. Any information will do you good, even if it’s not the first-hand experience.
Now, this doesn’t mean you should set Internet browsing aside. Reviews can be quite useful, as long as you are diligent with your read. Two, three or even fifteen comments are usually not enough to make a sound decision. And, even if you read all 50 of them, you still need to do some additional steps before hiring.
Ask for estimates
But not just from a single company. You want to get the bigger picture, and see how the moving market is quoting the commercial moves overall. You ought to ask at least three different companies to give you an in-person estimate. Keep in mind that no company can really give you a thorough and reliable estimate without seeing your inventory. Once you find the price that suits you, you can proceed to the next step.
Run a check up on the company
When hiring office movers, you want to be extra sure you are not dealing with fraudulent individuals. This means you need to run some check ups before delving into the relocation process. In order to make sure the movers of your choice are licensed and insured, you would first go to the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. It issues a U.S. DOT number to all licensed interstate movers. Now, if you plan on moving out of state, you would verify the moving company’s licence through the FMCSA’s site, and ask there for the company’s U.S. DOT number. This number is important for the case of you wanting to file a claim against the company later. Better safe than sorry. If you plan on staying within the state borders, check with your local consumer affairs agency about the validity of the movers. It is rather easy to find a list of lacal agencies through the FMCSA’s contacts database.
Better Business Bureau can also tell you useful information about the moving company. What’s more, you can check its track record there. Your safest bet is to stick with moving companies that are BBB accredited and idealy have a good rating. In a case where a moving company isn’t listed with the BBB, consider opting for another one.
Keeping an eye out for the red flags
Certain things are a dead giveaway that a company is not trustworthy. It is best that you are aware of these when hiring office movers. Be cautious if:
- the address on the business card or the mover’s website is not listed and registered under the company name.
- the moving company asks for a cash deposit befre the relocation. Most reputable companies do not have such policy. If the movers seems to eager to get your money, the chances are you are getting dealing with frauds.
- the person doing the estimate looks or acts unprofessional in any way. If they show up late, seem unsure of their abilities and duties, or cannot answer your questions, the reasons for hiring them are non-existant. For this kind of process, you want professionals you can count on.
- movers show up in a rented moving van. A professional and experienced moving company will own its own equipment, and have their logo displayed clearly. Think about it, it’s like a free advert. Why would anyone legit want to miss out on that?
Special tips for hiring office movers
- A moving company that has been in the bussines for long will almost certainly have its service separated. For example, if you plan on moving to Oakville from Toronto, you will get to choose long-distance movers. Following this logic, there ought to be a separation between residential and office movers. This division is not just for show. Commercial movers need special equipment in order to handle those specific moves. This goes for every service a company offers. They need to know what to expect, and prepare adequatly. So, if the company you consider hiring does not have a variety of services in its offer, it might be best to look for someone more experienced in the matter.
- Certain professional moving companies lice to assign a project manager who would handle your relocation. This individual will work closely with you or the person you appoint, and do thorough assessment of every facet of the move and then to ensure all plans are executed. In addition, they provide guidance for the employees, set the schedules, arrange for the packing, organize third-party services (if the need arises), ensure that the proper equipment is in place and generally oversee the entire project.
- Some of the best office movers come with a ”one-stop-shop” experience. They have a team of well-trained installers who know how to disassemble, reassemble or reconfigure work stations. These teams are well equipped with the needed tools and expertise necessary for a wide variety of furniture manufacturers. Having this option will go a long way when it comes to making your move a smooth and simple process.