Even though relocation and all the preparations and unpacking that accompany it can sometimes be very stressful… it can be exciting, too. Imagine all the new neighborhoods, restaurants, and parks you’ll get to explore. You’ll also get to meet a lot of new wonderful people, and with every new acquaintance, you’ll learn something new. Furthermore, moving can help you grow and develop. That is why you should be looking forward to your upcoming relocation. It’s even better if you are moving to Etobicoke. Etobicoke is a beautiful place, but you still need to prepare for it. That is why Number 1 Movers have prepared you a list of things you should know before your arrival. Hopefully, it will help you prepare for your residential moving.
Let’s learn a bit about Etobicoke
Etobicoke is ubicated in the western part of Toronto. Europeans first populated this area around the 1970s. In the beginning, this charming town was just a farming community comprised of several small villages. Today it is nothing like it was in that era. Nowadays, Etobicoke is home to many high-rises, a large number of residential streets that are also very densely populated. It also boasts beautiful public green spaces and places of culture. One of the best things about relocating here with the help of our movers Etobicoke is that, even after so many years, you will still find a lot of its authenticity and the spirit of the past times. This town is still an important and integral part of Toronto, that contributes to its greatness.
The origin of its name
Have you ever wondered where this name came from? First of all, its name has gone through a very interesting process. The name comes from the word “wadoopikaang” which belongs to an indigenous language of North America – Ojibwe. This word implies a place where alder trees grow. Through the years, the name has gradually changed due to the influence of the English language. So, it first became “atobeacoke” before it would take its final form that we know today – Etobicoke.
After moving to Etobicoke you’ll find yourself at a favorable location
Moving to Etobicoke is the best decision if you love to surround yourself by nature. Firstly, Lake Ontario is right next to its southern border, while on the eastern side you can spend lovely weekends at Humber River. Additionally, one of the best things about this Toronto suburb is that its population is incredibly diverse. After local movers in Ontario relocate you to Etobicoke you will have a chance to live among people from all over the world. If you like it that way, your upcoming move could truly be a great adventure.
The benefits of moving to Etobicoke
Before we proceed, we must say we understand that different people find different things as an advantage. But, let’s just say that our experts in the industry have enlisted facts that most people agree with.
Moving to Etobicoke will offer you bigger comfort
If you are tired of tiny apartments and cluttered hallways, then relocating to a suburb, especially as gorgeous as Etobicoke, is something you should really think about. This area has a big choice of large houses with spacious yards. This is an amazing opportunity especially if you are moving with a large family. A relocation can allow each member to have a private space of their own. Moreover, you will finally have enough space to place everything you want, even that pool table you’ve always dreamed of.
- Also, your new spacious home will never look overcrowded like in your old apartment. You’ll be able to unleash your creativity and arrange the space as you wish. Decorate the rooms, and put all those trinkets you could not find an adequate place for in your old home.
- And if you have a lot of stuff you are planning to bring with you, our packing services are just perfect for you since you won’t have to lose too much time trying to manage everything yourself. Besides, if you own some fragile or heavy items, who better than professionals to handle them? Not only can our experts pack everything for a small amount of time, but they will also bring the best quality packing supplies to wrap and pack all of your belongings with care.
Low crime rates
When choosing your new home, you will start making long-term goals. Most of the time, one of those goals is to stay safe in the area you live in.
- Firstly, the statistics show that Toronto, as a whole, is one of the safest big cities in the world.
- Secondly, it holds a title as the safest city located in North America. This makes your relocation to Etobicoke a very good choice.
- This is especially beneficial if you are moving to Etobicoke with a family. You want to know that your children will be safe when they leave the house to go to the store, school, etc.
- Such peace of mind is one of the most precious things you can ask for. It is exactly what moving here can offer you.
You’ll have the much-needed peace and quiet
If you need peace and quiet, then relocating to Etobicoke is truly a decision you don’t need to think over for too long. You can lead a peaceful life after moving here. You’ll be away from hustle and bustle, but still be close enough to it if you ever wish to join the game. However, if your office is not nearby, but closer to, for instance, downtown, then prepare for a longer commute. However, Etobicoke is very well-connected with other parts of Toronto. There are several expressways as well as subway and rail stations to make your commute easier.