When it comes to moving there are so many important things we have to think about. One of them is the cost of the move. The time we choose will affect the cost of the move. In terms of moving each season has its advantages and disadvantages. So which is the cheapest time of year to move? If you need help, we at Number 1 Movers are there at your disposal.
Choosing the cheapest time of year to move is crucial
Timing is everything when it comes to the cost of the move. The advantage of summertime moving is that your kids are on a vacation and will be able to start a new school year in a new school. The transition will be less tedious if it takes place during the holidays! This will give you some extra time to prepare your kids for the move. Moreover, you can take advantage of your holidays to make your move serenely. However, everyone moves in summer so the movers are overbooked and the moving rates are increased. Therefore summer might not be the cheapest time of year to move.
The moving company you choose can provide you with moving dates more easily after summer. The weather conditions are better: neither too hot nor too cold. Moreover, movers are more flexible and responsive. Spring has ideal moving weather, however with nice weather comes an increase of relocations, and prices of moving companies go up.
Periods to avoid
- For an inexpensive move, the summer season is to be excluded as well as other very busy periods.
- The end of the month: between the 28th and the 2nd of the month because the leases are generally ending during this period.
- Weekends: If possible, it is better to focus on the start of the week because these are less popular and therefore cheaper than Friday or Saturday.
- The end of the year: Because the holiday’s period between December 15 and the first weekend of January is the most expensive because it is in high demand.
- School holidays: Labor Day, Victoria holiday, Family Day, Good Friday, etc.
To know the needed budget for the relocation look for the online price calendar
Don’t forget to decide on a budget when moving! You can find out the most favorable periods to benefit from on the free moving quote you have chosen. You can simulate moving costs in Ontario by indicating the date of your move to know the prices. Try several dates, weekdays, or weekends to find out the price difference. This way you will be able to find the cheapest time of the year to move. When budgeting, remember to look for free boxes that can be provided by a moving company.
In summary, to get the best moving rates, opt for a move in the middle of the month. The best periods are from September to mid-December or from mid-January to March. Also, remember to request your moving quotes 2 to 3 months in advance and to be flexible in the dates.