Planning a relocation is a project that requires a lot of time. But what if you cannot manage to find the time it requires? What if your upcoming move is a short notice one? In order to be prepared quickly, we present you with our tips for packing in a hurry for your Ontario move! Also, if you hire movers Brantford Ontario you can have a smooth and safe relocation. No matter how short notice it is. Since, ideally speaking, it requires most people around six to eight weeks to organize a relocation, it’s a smart move to get the professionals to handle it. And, if packing in a hurry for your Ontario move is your current worry, don’t fret! Our knowledgeable team will complete it efficiently in no time.
Types of short notice relocations
There are two main types of short notice relocations. There is moving in a hurry because you didn’t have a lot of time between finding out you have to move and researching moving companies Oakville Ontario. And there are situations when people procrastinate for too long. Then they find themselves unprepared just a couple days before the movers are scheduled to arrive. In either instance, figuring out how to move quickly is a necessity.
Here are our tips that can help you out:
Start with the logistics of packing in a hurry for your Ontario move
Any last-minute move will imminently make each task seem equally important and at the same time difficult to complete. People often feel paralyzed by how much they need to do before moving day. Instead of letting your chores overwhelm you, just take a deep breath and let’s start crossing items off your moving checklist.
- The first thing you should do is hire a moving company or rent a truck. If you are packing in a hurry for your Ontario move it is likely you will be in need of professional help or you want to do it yourself. If you are hiring movers, you won’t have much time to do research, so you need to rely on recommendations. So ask about Number 1 Movers and you’ll only hear words of praise for our reliable workers. The sooner you have the logistics of your move arranged, the more quickly you can settle in your new home.
- Whether you have a week to get to packing in a hurry for your Ontario move, or just one day, there are some steps you can follow to make the process more efficient. Read on, we’ll ensure that your household items get to where they need to go.
Make a moving checklist
- Having a moving checklist will streamline the whole process. You can get all the task done more efficiently if you keep track of things. Making a checklist will help the packing in a hurry for your Ontario to move run as smoothly as possible.
- A checklist is excellent in helping you keep track of your priorities. You need to focus on completing packing goals by following that priority list. You will also have a timeline for when you need to complete certain tasks. It will be easier to remember where every item needs to go. It will also serve as a reminder so that you don’t forget anything.
- While you can are the one who has to decide how detailed it will be, a checklist can be an essential trick to keeping you motivated. Whether it is packing a mountain of clothes or finishing on time, especially if you are relocating in a hurry.
Good organization is half the job well done
Before you start pulling out boxes, we recommend organizing the items you will be packing in a hurry for your Ontario move. First, make piles determined by the purpose of the item. Are you going to keel it or throw it away? Will you be donating or storing it? Put it in the appropriate pile.
Packing tip: If you can’t decide where some of the items will go, designate a ‘Maybe’ pile. This will allow you to keep going without losing valuable minutes of packing time. When you have clearly separated the piles, you will have a better idea of how much you have.
Be ruthless with purging while packing in a hurry for your Ontario move
- Packing in a hurry for your Ontario move can prove to be a blessing in disguise. The deadline will allow you to be more decisive about decluttering.
- The main tip for purging the three piles: follow your gut. Have you ever used it? If you have, are you going to use it again? If the object is in good condition, donate it. Otherwise, feel free to toss it away.
- We recommend putting the items you are getting rid of in garbage bags as you keep decluttering. That way you won’t be tempted to take something out.
Packing clothing in a hurry for your Ontario move
Here are a few tips to make packing clothes in a hurry for your Ontario to move a breeze:
- Try moving your dresser without taking items out of it or dismantling it. If the contents are light enough, you may not have to pack them separately. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
- Use your wardrobe boxes, laundry baskets, and luggage to pack clothes. Together with their hangers. This can save you crucial packing time. Not to mention post-moving ironing! If you are in a real hurry, a garbage bag is a quick and effective solution!
- Wrap your breakables in your clothes. This means you won’t have to worry about the amount of packing material and where to find it in a hurry.
Get proper packing in a hurry for your Ontario move materials
When you are facing a short notice move, you can’t be scrambling for a properly sized packing and moving containers. Number 1 Movers will make it super easy for you since we offer the option of selling our moving supplies online. Buy everything you need to make your packing process fast, efficient and easily online, including boxes, padding materials, and tape.