Whether you’re relocating, replacing old furniture or appliances, or simply decluttering, you may not know how to dispose of large, unwanted items. The old, dingy couch, the refrigerator that runs constantly, as loud as a fighter jet, the clunky trampoline taking up too much space in the backyard. Yes, these are all examples from the professional experience of furniture movers Hamilton. Did you know you cannot just leave them out to the curb and expect waste management to haul it away? Do you have to find a way to handle furniture disposal in Hamilton? You are in the right place!
How to approach proper furniture disposal in Hamilton
In the middle of DIY plumbing upgrades and dying appliances, most people are confronted with this question, and are left wondering about what options they have? At the end of the day, the stuff we’re talking about doesn’t just fit in your trash can. Read on because we’ll take you through some tips that will save you some time and hassle with furniture disposal in Hamilton. As well as free moving quote. Getting rid of your bulk waste is going to be easy after this article. Though to be fair, it will still likely take some time and hassle. Now let’s see how it’s done.
Ask if your waste management/local scrap yard will take large items.
Find out if your trash company accepts oversized items that are simply left at the side of the curb on trash day. Usually, they don’t, but there are certain situations when you can get lucky and they do. You can try to find that info on their website, and sometimes you have to call to do about furniture disposal in Hamilton. What you don’t want to do is just drag a huge fridge out to the curb only to have the collectors completely ignore it. Then you will just have to drag it back into the garage or basement.
Whether or not waste management will accept furniture disposal in Hamilton is going to vary widely based on where you live.
Sometimes you can call and schedule a special “bulk pickup,” but it’ll come at an additional cost to you. The fee is usually between $50-$75. Sometimes they’ll take furniture pieces you’ve placed on the curb, but that excludes appliances or anything with electrical components. In some cities and with some waste management companies you can buy a special tag to attach to your bulky item and get furniture disposal in Hamilton to take care of it on your normal collection day.
Please fill the form below or just call us at 877-270-3202
- This is usually cheaper; you can expect to pay just $10 per item for items like mattresses, tables, etc. You can also find private furniture disposal companies that specialize in junk/garbage removal. Again, though, this service comes at a special cost, probably a higher one than you would want.
- Scrap yards are another good option for your metal items, but you’ll likely have to pay a small fee to get your cumbersome junk items picked up. If you can deliver them to a local scrap yard yourself though, they might even pay you. That can obviously be an inconvenience, but it might be worth it.
If you’re replacing old items with new ones, see if the old stuff can be hauled away.
If you’re expecting deliveries of your new furniture or appliances, many times those guys can haul away the old stuff. At no extra charge! This is especially true for bulky appliances such as refrigerators, laundry machines, etc. Just make sure to always read the fine print with these arrangements, or call the company ahead of time and ask if there are any special provisions. This is one of the simplest ways to handle furniture disposal in Hamilton. Additional fees are not likely to be the case for furniture deliveries, but we advise you to offer cash to coax those guys into taking the old stuff.
An easy way to handle furniture disposal in Hamilton is to list the item online. Even if it’s old and gross!
- You wouldn’t believe the items you can list on Craigslist and get rid off them easily and quickly. Especially when the price is “free,” you can get rid of literally almost anything! Do you have an old toilet that only sort of works? Well list it on Craigslist under a tab for furniture disposal in Hamilton and you will have a dozen offers overnight to come to pick it up!
- You are holding onto an unsafe trampoline that we mentioned earlier? The same thing, list it as free furniture disposal in Hamilton and it will be gone the next day.
- Beware though that when you list things for free, you might get people who will not show up for pick up or even return your emails. Anecdotally, it’s actually better to put a price on things — even if it’s a very small symbolic fee — just so you get people responding are a little more serious with their shopping.
You can try putting it on the curb with a “free” sign
This is a classic lazy move of urban dwellers everywhere: leave something out on the curb, turn around, and by the time you go back inside, it’s already gone. This method can definitely work if you want quick furniture disposal in Hamilton, but only in certain scenarios. We recommend you only do this with moderately-sized items. Chairs, file cabinets, smaller tables, etc. This is a very practical tip because if you leave bigger items, people driving by won’t be able to just quickly stop and put it in their vehicle. Which is in fact what you’re going for. You also want to make sure your curb is in a high-traffic area. If you live in a sleepy dead-end street, this furniture disposal in Hamilton tactic will not work.