The best way to go about finding the best moving rates is to understand what exactly you are looking for. Namely, a flat rate is the moving company’s estimated number of hours they need for the move, multiplied by their hourly rate. With this in mind, it is essential that the filters in your search include:
- the amount of time they need to finish the job
- the amount of money they ask for the service
Once you get the best combination of these two elements, you will land one of the best moving rates. Now, let’s see how one would recognize a golden opportunity.
Finding a reliable company
No matter the moving rate they offer you, it is of utmost importance that you hire a reliable company. Any amount of money will be too much for movers that underwhelm with their performance and service. So, when looking for Hamilton moving services, do your best to locate a reputable moving company. There are multiple ways of doing so, and one does not exclude the other. As a matter of fact, if you have that much time at your disposal, we advise that you go for all of what follows:
- ask for a first or second-hand reference. Use others’ experience to your advantage and gather as much information as you can from your friends, family, and coworkers. Chances are at least some of them have had the pleasure of moving and will be able to share on the process.
- do a thorough internet scoping. You are ideally looking for a company that has good grades and reviews, but not too good. A picture perfect score is probably a fake one as well. This can be a bit of a tricky venturing, but it will give you a rough picture of your options.
- have conversations with movers that strike your interest. A lot can be seen in person that a mere phone call cannot portray. Trust your instincts and ask for validations. Reliable companies are most often listen on American Moving and Storage Association and Better Business Bureau.
The amount of time they need is directly correlated to the number of items you have
Please fill the form below or just call us at 877-270-3202
The way your movers go about giving you the estimate depends on the number and weight of your belongings, as well as the nature of your trip. Your local movers Ontario will probably have a different approach than the long distance movers. While the former usually focus on the number, the latter are interested in the weight. Whatever the case may be, a reputable moving company will take a full and thorough inventory of all your belongings. The visiting estimator ought to check all of your storage places such as cupboards, drawers, garages, and bookcases. It would be most convenient if you could get a couple of these estimates, in order to have the clearest picture and, logically, most options to choose from. If an estimator performs a quick walk-through without much attention, consider it a red flag. A good estimator will be interested in all the details regarding your move. Expect to answer questions that regard the items you plan on moving and the details about moving day.
Best moving rates seen through moving costs
We’ll be clear right off the bat: for a 2-3 bedroom move of approximately 7,500 pounds, you will need on average $1,250 for a local move and $4,890 (a distance of 1,000 miles) for a long distance one. Besides the number and weight of your items, these are the elements one complete moving bill is made up of:
- Travel fees. These can add up rather quickly when moving long distance. They include fuel costs and labor costs for the time it takes the movers to get from point A to point B.
- Packing services. Yes, these are super convenient and highly tempting. It’s hardly a surprise since most people tend to see packing as the most arduous part of the move. Still, if you plan on hiring movers to do your packing, know that such a service can cost you an extra few hundred dollars or a tad more.
- Moving add-ons. Disassembling and reassembling furniture, moving of specialty items, and moving supplies provided by movers such as a stretch wrap, felt pads and mattress bags all come with a price tag of their own.
- Storage unit. A complicated move can be handled rather well when one opts for using a storage unit. A moving company can hold or store belongings of your choice before, during or after a move. This handy service is also paid in money. Best moving rates for storage are easiest to locate by asking moving companies for specifics.
- Moving date. The specific date of your move can affect the price of your relocation dramatically. Namely, a weekend move during the peak season will have you waving your savings goodbye. However, choosing to move on a week-day off-season will prove to be much more affordable.
As you can see, finding the best moving rates means a lot of work, mostly consisting of calculating. Now is the time to utilize all those math classes and find your best option. Take a pen and paper, and start writing down all the necessities. After you’ve clearly defined your priorities, start making some calls. You need to be familiar with the current prices. Gather as much information as you can before making the final decision. As long as you stick to reliable and reputable companies, estimates won’t vary much. Steer clear from anything that is too expensive, or rather too cheap. Both can mean fraudulent movers, and you certainly want to avoid those.