In lots of ways, a relocation can be unpredictable. You might need to move much sooner than you expected, and find yourself trying to find a reliable same day moving company quickly in Toronto. You might think that finding movers Vaughan ON who can help you move on the same day that you called them might seem impossible. However, it’s not. Regardless of short notice, insured, licensed, and reputable same day movers are out here. And they are waiting to respond to your moving emergency. So keep reading to find out how to find a reliable mover on a moving day.
Why you might need to look for a reliable same day moving company quickly in Toronto
Normally, relocation should be booked beforehand, usually a few months before the move. If anything, booking movers one month prior to the relocation day is considered the bare minimum to have everything ready, without facing any major time-related issues along the way. But sometimes circumstances may force you to make a stressful last-minute move. And it is not impossible to pull off a house move only a few days prior to the moving day and even on the moving day.
As we mentioned before, there are reasons why you will have to find a reliable same-day moving company quickly in Toronto. That is right. Not in a week, not a few days before the move, but on the very same moving day. All things considered, there are two situations when you need to look for same-day local movers Toronto.
The original movers didn’t show up
The most common reason for needing to look for long distance movers Toronto is that the movers you booked ahead of time did not show up on moving day. But how can this happen? There might have been an error in scheduling by the mover. Or there might’ve been some miscommunication between the movers and you, so make sure to check the move-out date in the moving contract. Or you might have contacted dishonest movers (rogue movers) who never had the intention of helping you with the relocation. And usually, it’s not possible to get them to return the booking deposit. However, if the mover you originally booked hasn’t shown up at your home on moving day, it means you must’ve been ready for them. If that’s the case, you’ll need to find Toronto moving companies near you to simply load and move your belongings to your new home.
You need to move right now
Another reason why you might need same-day long distance movers Canada is that you might need to leave your place in a hurry. This is usually because of an unplanned event that needs fast action from you. But what’s the big hurry? Well, you might be starting a new job in another city in a few days. Or the landlord might have raised the rent recently and you can’t afford it anymore. Maybe the relationship with your partner ended bitterly, and the thought of spending a day in your old place is too much.
But no matter the reason, your search for same-day movers means that you will need a professional team that is able to load, move, and pack your items for the new home. In a lot of cases, you never knew you would need emergency movers. And you most likely never thought of packing up your belongings. If this is the case for you, be sure to hire Number 1 movers Van Lines. They have the skills and knowledge to do it all in just one day.
Know what items do you need to move
If you have already planned out your move, you have most likely sorted out your possessions beforehand. Also, you probably made a moving inventory of the belongings you plan on relocating to the new home. However, since you are facing an emergency move, you will need to make a decision about what belongings you want to take to the new home and what items you will leave behind. This is the first thing you will need to do when getting ready for the last-minute move because you have to know how many items you have for transporting when contacting the movers and asking for estimates for emergency moving services.
You will have to make a decision quickly, as you do not have time to wonder and dawdle. Go through the possessions and create a list of items you need to move. Everything else can go. Also, keep in mind that the fewer items you are moving, the cheaper and easier the move is going to be. To get rid of the items you don’t need anymore (everything that you have not used in over a year) quickly, you can do these things:
- Create a message on Facebook or Craiglist saying that you want to give things away for free or at a very low price. Make sure to describe the items and your location.
- Call your friends and family and ask them to come over to get the items you no longer need.
- Take the items you no longer need to a thrift store or a local charity.
- Look for a pick-up company in your area that will take your things to either donate them or recycle them.
How to pack for the same-day move
Packing for the last-minute relocation will need a bit less attention to organization. So this means you will need to get everything in a box and set it aside. The most important thing here is to get all of your possessions from your current home to the new one in one piece. And if a short time frame means you will not be able to sort items neatly, that’s fine. Instead, follow these steps on how to pack your items in a hurry:
Pack now and sort later
Don’t worry about having a “theme” for every box or keeping items together. Place things where they fit. Even if it means packing board games and water glasses alongside spare light bulbs and kitchen contents.As long as you pack the items securely and safely, you can sort them out once you arrive at your new home. Also, it is fine to not label boxes. However, be sure to note if a box contains fragile items inside. Wrap fragile items like glass and vases in soft items; you need to pack them either way. You can wrap them in clothing, socks, and towels. Also, you can save a bit of money on packing materials.
Pack clothes as they are
You will be able to save yourself quite a bit of time if you pack the clothes as they already are. If you have clothes hanging in closets, make sure to wrap a garbage bag around them. Start from the bottom and tie the bag’s strings around them. Keep dresser drawers intact, and just take out every drawer and wrap it in packing materials. Or you can just keep the entire set of dressers as they are.
Pack essential and valuable items yourself
No matter how short on time you are, be sure to create an essentials box. It is going to help you survive for a few days at your new home without the rest of your belongings. Additionally, make sure to collect your most valuable possessions. These can include expensive electronics, expensive jewelry, family heirlooms, etc. Also, don’t forget to collect important documents as well. You should keep these with you at all times.
When doing a last-minute relocation, it’s important to understand that you will not be able to pack your possessions in just one day. The task is impossible, no matter how you look at it. However, office movers Toronto can do it since they have been trained extensively to work quickly and safely.
How to find same day moving company quickly in Toronto
The moment you have packed your possessions and know exactly which ones you plan on moving, it is time to look for an efficient way to move them to the new home. Renting a moving truck isn’t an option. This is because it’s difficult to prepare your items for moving, arrange the details, and make the trip to your new home in such a short time. However, the best thing you can do is hire a team of professional movers to do all of this for you. Professional movers have the skills and equipment to provide good protection for your possessions. Also, they can load them onto the moving truck, transport them to your new home, and unload them in no time. However, you will need to be quite careful when choosing your mover.
Look for short-notice movers
When you need to find a reliable same day moving company quickly in Toronto, you will need to look for GTA movers who can provide you with emergency moving services today. Not every moving company is able to handle a same-day relocation. Most of them are booked weeks in advance. Particularly during the summer and on weekends.This means they don’t have moving teams or trucks to meet your last-minute moving needs.
So, the best thing you can do is fill out online moving quote forms. A couple of different movers are going to contact you within 30 minutes or so, and you will have higher chances of finding a same-day moving company quickly. Additionally, take a look at the moving reviews by previous customers of moving companies to see if the movers provide quality service or not.
What to look for when choosing a moving company
- Honesty and legitimacy – there are many rogue movers that want to take advantage of your situation. This means you will need to make sure you are dealing with movers who are fully insured and properly licensed and who are readily going to give you all the info you need and provide you with clear moving documentation.
- Efficiency, safety, and speed – you need a team of movers that won’t just work fast but will also take good care of your possessions and make sure they are safe. This comes with lots of experience, proper training, and an actual concern about your relocation.
- Affordability – you need to look for a company that can offer high-quality moving services at a reasonable price.
Questions to ask the movers
- What kind of liability coverage do you offer?
- For how long have you been in business?
- Do you have an experienced moving team and all the needed moving equipment for my relocation?
- What do you consider extra services, and how much do you charge for them?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- When am I going to receive my items?
- How long will the relocation take?
- Get estimates from three to four moving companies that seem to meet your requirements and needs.
- Compare the estimate and make a decision; don’t consider just the final price. but also the included services and extra conditions. However, beware of estimates that are much lower in comparison to the others. Mostly, offers that are too good to be true mean that it’s moving fraud, and you might pay more than you were originally quoted.
- Confirm the details of your relocation with the moving company you chose. Also confirm what size moving truck is needed, how many people will come, and if any extra services will be required.
As you can see, it’s possible to find a reliable same day moving company quickly in Toronto. You just need to focus and call as many companies and possible! In any case, good luck with your upcoming move.