Nowadays, there are so many professional moving companies out there that you can easily become overwhelmed when picking which one to hire. Just know from the start that choosing a moving company at random won’t work. Why? You have to be sure that the relocation partner you select is reliable, competent, experienced and affordable. When you come to think about it, it shouldn’t be too much to ask from moving companies Cambridge Ontario. But still, there are some bad movers out there so you want to play it safe. Remember that the only logical choice you’ve got in the beginning is to compare movers in Cambridge. In fact, this is a must-do task because only through a good comparative analysis will you be able to get the best mover for yourself.
Follow these major steps below to learn how to compare movers in Cambridge in the best possible way.
1. Compare moving company quotes
The very first step to comparing professional movers is to request honest moving estimates from them. You should never get those quotes over the phone or via e-mail. Always say NO to those types of cost estimation. Any reputable professional moving company should actually visit your home in person so that they can do a visual in-home inspection of the things you want to move.
Note that the only way you can compare movers in Cambridge and their prices is to have an in-home survey. They also need to end with the issuance of accurate cost estimates. Experienced moving experts such as Number 1 Van Lines will send representatives to visit your home when it is convenient for both parties.
Request an in-home survey
The surveyors can then inspect all household items that you’re moving with you. Note that they will be especially interested in items that require special packing and handling care. For example, large furniture, antique furniture, a grandfather clock, a piano, etc. Also, they will use this opportunity to identify possible problems on the day of the move. It’s usually obstacles such as long flights of stairs, a non-operational elevator, narrow staircases, narrow hallways, and most commonly – small doorways.
And as soon as the in-home inspections are over and you now have several written cost estimates in your hands, you can then begin to compare the different options. Start with comparing their moving prices and moving services.
2. Best way to compare movers in Cambridge is to look at their rates
The first thing you’ll notice on your newly received quotes will be the prices. Of course, you want to pay as little as possible to have your items moved to the new address. It is understandable that you’ll likely lean toward the cheaper cost estimates in the beginning.
It is standard practice that the price is one of the deciding factors when it comes to comparing movers in Cambridge. If you are moving locally, the moving cost will be calculated on an hourly basis. But if you are moving a long distance, the price will usually be fixed. They will depend on the move distance, the total weight of the items for moving, additional services, and other secondary price-forming factors.
3. Next, evaluate their moving company services
When comparing moving professionals in Cambridge, it’s important to take a closer look at the extra services that each respective mover offers in their estimates. It’s not only about the final price – it’s what that price includes that matters more. Ultimately, you are looking for the best relocation offer when it comes to the price-services ratio.
The written estimates you’ve received should list any and all additional services that either you will book or the mover believe they are necessary for the successful completion of the job. The most common additional services are:
- Disassembly And Reassembly Of Large Furniture,
- Custom Crating,
- Temporary Storage, and
- Hoisting Massive Items Through
Comparing services alone may not be enough for you to pinpoint the right mover. But even if you’ve almost made up your mind, we strongly recommend you to also follow this step. Check what other customers had to say about the moving companies you are evaluating. Good online reputation brings new customers and more revenue. So, one of the goals of a good mover is to keep delivering high-quality services at affordable prices. And once movers in Cambridge manage to achieve that, the good feedback – which is measured in positive reviews and 5-star ratings – will start appearing on their websites.
4. Analyze movers’ reliability and professionalism
So far you’ve successfully compared moving costs and moving reviews of several professional moving companies. Now, these comparisons will give you valuable information about which mover will be the more acceptable choice for you.
- Licensing information. Check the legal status of the companies that are bidding for your moving job. By law, all interstate movers have to be properly licensed by the Government, as well as by the U.S. Department of Transportation. When a professional mover meets all government requirements, they get a unique identifier known as a USDOT number.
- BBB accreditation. Accreditation by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) is another important indicator that you’re dealing with trustworthy moving companies. BBB-accredited movers need to adhere to the BBB Standards for Trust. There are 8 principles that list the crucial elements that create and maintain trust between a business and its customers:
- Build trust,
- Advertise honestly,
- Tell the truth,
- Be Transparent,
- Honor promises,
- Be responsive,
- Safeguard privacy, and
- Embody integrity.
- ProMovers. The American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) has a program called ProMover aimed at certifying that the professional moving companies. That way customers know they can trust a mover if they are a member of the association can be fully trusted by consumers. ProMovers have successfully passed strict background checks and have agreed to uphold AMSA’s Code. Now you can also compare Cambridge movers by first verifying that they are, in fact, ProMovers.