Are you planning to relocate from, or to Ontario soon? If so, you must have wondered about the cost of movers in Ontario, or Canada in general. Number 1 Movers will try to break down this topic for you to help you make the best possible decision for you to minimize relocation expenses. When you hire professional movers, you’ll save time and energy, which will allow you to focus on other priorities in your life. But being informed about the current prices will help you know if a moving company is reliable, if it has realistic prices, or if it’s overpriced. To find out more about movers’ cost in Ontario, keep on reading!
What does affect the movers’ cost in Ontario?
There are several things that affect movers cost in Ontario:
- The type of items that you’re moving
- The distance that needs to be crossed and the logistics that are included. Logically, long-distance relocation costs more than local.
- Presence or lack of elevator and suitable exits
- Quantity of the items and, consequently, the time needed to get the job done
- Type and number of services
- Sometimes the time of the relocation affects the price. If the movers are in the peak season, they might charge more
How to find out the price
To find out the proper movers cost in Ontario and the moving companies that operate there, you should first compare the prices. To do this, send out free quotes and see what’s the average price. For two-bedroom apartments, the price is averagely $900-$1000. If you have a 3-room apartment or home and you want movers to do the whole job, your bill will range somewhere between $2000 and $3000. The prices might be lower if the movers don’t handle the whole moving process.
Choose reliable movers – don’t go straight to the cheapest ones
When you’re looking for the moving company, make sure to get more free quotes and not immediately hire the first moving company that you come across. The chances are that their services aren’t satisfactory. Do the research and read reviews. Give the moving company a call and talk to them about the services, moving date, and the prices. Don’t forget to check out the insurance options. There are numerous things that go into the price, which is what we’ll break down in the next paragraph well!
Average prices of several moving services
Let’s see how the various moving services that are available impact the final price!
- The costs are significantly higher in the summer. That’s when many people have more time, yearly vacations, students move to college, etc. This will increase the cost of the services and make the relocation harder because you won’t be able to choose moving dates a lot, which will require additional logistics and storage spaces.
- The number of movers that you hire needs to be ideal in order to pay the least possible price. If you don’t hire enough movers, they’ll do the job for a longer time, which results in a bigger bill. For example, 2 movers cost, averagely, $150 during an on-season, and $120 during off-season.
- Many companies have hourly minimums which you should take into consideration.
As you can see, the question “How much do movers cost in Ontario” isn’t an easy one to answer – but you have to start somewhere. Get the free quote or give us a call and start your relocation experience on the right foot!