You have made a significant life decision to leave your life behind and embark on a long distance move. Knowing that you will move soon you may find yourself wondering how far in advance should you plan your long distance move or which moving company to hire. If you are living in Canada and you plan on moving a long distance you are in luck because Number 1 Movers are here to help you with all problems and concerns you might have. Now, let’s take a look at some of the important factors to consider before you start the moving process.
Choosing the right moving company in Canada is important
Once you have your mind made up where you want to move, the next step is to choose the company which will help you with your relocation. There are many factors to consider like the movers’ reputation, reviews, pricing, services, etc. You need to find the long distance movers in Canada that correspond to your criterion. A good moving team will help you move everywhere across Canada as smoothly as possible, with great security, and of course stress-free. Great movers will be able to move you smoothly to Toronto, Ottawa, or Montreal in one day, believe it or not.
These are the traits of a reliable and professional moving company:
- Licensed and insured.
- Offers a free moving estimate.
- Has a plethora of moving services that you can customize.
- Skilled and experienced moving team.
- Good reviews both on their website and on some of the other reliable websites like Yelp and My Moving Reviews.
- Excellent customer service.
Finding a moving company that has everything mentioned above is important. This is how you know that they are serious. Only an experienced and reputable moving company should move your items. After all, you worked hard for them, and you deserve to have a positive moving experience.
Preparation and planning are key in order to have a smooth long distance move
After you pick the moving company that suits your needs, the next step is to prepare for the relocation. Firstly, you should be aware that most companies need to be booked in advance in order to get the moving date that you want. However, some long distance movers Hamilton has do accept last-minute bookings. However, you should know that the last-minute moves probably will not go as smoothly as they would if you prepared and booked it in advance. Moreover, with long distance movers, it would probably be impossible or not very realistic to move such a long distance with no hiccups along the way.
Ideally, you should schedule your moving date with a company at least two to three months in advance. This way you will have enough time to finish all the important things before the moving day arrives. It might be overwhelming when you have to move your whole life from one place to another, but a good organization will save you a lot of trouble. For example, choose what you will take with you to your new home and put green stickers on those items. For the items, you want to throw out you can use red stickers. However, there are always some things that we can’t seem to get rid of and there is no place for them in the new home. In that case, the best solution to that problem is to put those items in a storage facility.
How far in advance should you plan your long distance move?
Well, you should start preparing for your move much earlier than three months before the set date. Many professional movers suggest six months before as the best option. You may find yourself wondering what will you do for six months? Well, there are a lot of things you can do, like for example:
- Finances- you should thoroughly think about all the upcoming expenses and organize your finances accordingly. Keep in mind to always set some money aside because unexpected costs are always lurking around the corner.
- Home cleaning- six months before the long distance move you can start to clean your house meticulously. You can start with your bedroom and choose what clothes you want to bring to your new home. If you have clothes and accessories that you haven’t worn in a year or more, you can donate to goodwill or give them to someone in your family who could use it. After you finish with the bedroom do the same thing with all the rooms in the house. This will ultimately help you as you will be much more efficient when the packing day comes knocking.
- Education- If there are any kids or teenagers in your household and you are moving a long distance you should keep in mind that your children will have to change schools. This can be a hard transition sometimes. Therefore it is best to research the schools in the area you are moving to and you can even go and meet with the principal to discuss the enrolment process. Don’t forget to bring your kids, you need to get their opinion as well. After all, they will be attending the school not you.
Hopefully, this answers your questions on how far in advance should you plan your long distance move, and how to choose the right moving company. It is of great importance to keep in mind that with good preparation and organization it is possible to move stress free. All you need is a good moving partner that will help you throughout the entire process. Just relax, and keep a positive attitude, and you will get to have a great moving experience.