The moving process includes a lot of planning ahead and good organization. The main question you should ask yourself is can you do it on your own or you will need professional help? If you are still debating between hiring professional local movers vs DIY move, this is the perfect article for you. Moreover, this is one of the most important decisions to make during moving preparations. Choose wisely because this decision will determine your moving experience. However, if you are still indecisive we advise you to read our article and learn more about how can Number 1 Movers help you with your relocation. Without any further ado, let us get started.
Hiring professional local movers vs DIY move – how to decide?
Having to deal with moving preparations is hard on its own, and imagine that you need to move on your own? However, before you can decide if you should do a DIY move or hire a professional moving company you should make a list of pros and cons. Here are some things you need to take into consideration:
- Moving on your own is cheaper. If you have a tight budget and you are not planning a cross-country move you can do it on your own. However, it will take more time to organize and it includes more physical labor. Also, you won’t have a stress-free moving experience. Therefore you need to ask yourself is the cheaper option the best option?
- With professionals by your side, you will have an easier and stress-free relocation. If you hire some of the best local movers Toronto has to offer, we can assure you that you will have the best moving experience. They will help you with your relocation and also you can ask them for some extra services.
- You will need help during the moving process. No matter if you hire professionals or you ask your friends to help you, you will need help. Asking for help is one of the things you need to do when you are planning a relocation. Moreover, having a few extra hands will assure you faster packing.
- Find the storage unit. In both cases, you should consider having a storage unit ready. This will come in handy especially if you are moving to a smaller apartment and you don’t have space for all of your belongings. Therefore, storage near you is a must.
What do you need to know when you are organizing a DIY move?
First of all, you will need to make a checklist and prepare a good moving plan. Staying on schedule is important if you are moving on your own. Moreover, you will need to find the best packing supplies. You can easily get moving boxes in online stores or by visiting your neighborhood general department store. Keep in mind that if you are using second-hand moving boxes you need to make sure they are in perfect condition. Also, you will need to pack everything into the moving boxes before your rental moving truck arrives. It is always good to have one!
How can hiring movers help you avoid moving injuries?
Moving injuries are a common thing if you try to have a DIY relocation. Just imagine the situation that you and a couple of your friends try to relocate the piano. That attempt will most defiantly result in some kind of injury. For that reason, we advise you to hire movers specialized in moving bulky furniture pieces and piano moving specialists. They are well educated and they have all the needed tools to perform safe relocation of your heavy furniture. Moreover, they are familiar with lifting techniques. All you need to do is to contact your moving company and ask them for special services such as relocating piano service.
Please fill the form below or just call us at 877-270-3202
How to pack like a pro?
If you are not familiar with packing this article will help you. You need to pack everything in order to avoid moving delays. No matter if you are hiring professional local movers or you are planning a DIY move, you will need to pack your belongings. Moreover, if you are not having professional packing services here are things you need to know:
- Pack all of your essentials first. You will need to have them fully packed and with you most of your time. Also, don’t forget to empty every drawer and pack all of the paperwork in one box if possible. That way you will have all of your documents in one place and you will have an easier time unpacking them.
- Suitcases are perfect for books. Books tend to be heavy, and for that reason, you can use one pro tip. Put some towels or clothes on the bottom of your suitcase and fill it with books. You should put some other clothing items or clean kitchen clothes between your books to use all suitcase space. They will be easier to pack and to carry than if they are in a moving box.
- Label your boxes. By labeling all of your moving boxes you will need less time to unpack everything. Also, your moves will know which are the boxes with fragile items and they will carry them with extra caution.
- Double-check if everything is packed the night before the relocation. You need to make sure you packed everything! It is easier to take time the night before the move to check if everything is ready to go, then to go back for items you forgot. This is especially important if you have a buyer for your previous home.
What else you need to know about hiring professional local movers vs DIY move?
Before you can move long distance to Toronto you will need to make a decision if you are going to hire professionals or you will perform the move on your own. We hope this article will help you with that. We advise you to hire some of the best moving companies to help you with your relocation. However, you need to decide on your own what is best for you. For more information feel free to contact us or your moving company. We are eager to help you with your relocation. Good luck with your move!