Cost of living in Hamilton when it comes to food
If you are renting, depending on the location of your home, be prepared to spend:
- $1,573 for monthly rent for 900 Sqft furnished accommodation in an expensive area
- $1,195 for monthly rent for 900 Sqft furnished accommodation in a normal area
- $1,240 for monthly rent for a 480 Sqft furnished studio in an expensive area
- $890 for monthly rent for a 480 Sqft furnished studio in a normal area
When it comes to utilities, get ready to allocate:
- $227 for 1-month utilities (heating, electricity, gas …) for 2 people in 900 Sqft flat
- $128 for 1-month utilities (heating, electricity, gas …) for 1 person in 480 Sqft studio
As for the other expenses, you will need:
- 62 dollars for a month of 8 Mbps Internet
- 535 bucks for 40” flat screen TV. If you plan on packing and bringing along your old one, you can exclude this price.
- 137 dollars for a microwave of 800/900 Watt. Such are Bosch, Panasonic, LG, Sharp, and other equivalent brands.
- 9 bucks for laundry detergent (3 l. ~ 100 oz.)
- 23 dollars for an hour of cleaning help
Please fill the form below or just call us at 877-270-3202
Transportation in Hamilton
If you were having a DIY move, chances are you already have a car. Cost of living in Hamilton, in terms of driving comes down to 1.17 dollars for 1 liter (1/4 gallon) of gas. If you don’t have a car, but wish for that to change, you can add to the list $25,174 for a new Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI 150 CV with no extras (or equivalent). Still, if you are a pedestrian interested in Hamilton transportation, the monthly ticket for public transport will cost you 104 dollars.
Entertainment and other
The morning after
Hangovers can be quite bad, and sometimes even the coffee cannot help. Cold medicine for 6 days (Tylenol, Frenadol, Coldrex, or equivalent brands) will cost you around $9. If you are carrying a cough or a cold for a few days and it doesn’t seem to go away, a box of antibiotics (12 doses) will help for 17 bucks. However, we do suggest that you pay a visit to the doctor beforehand, and have a 15-minute checkup in a private clinic for $64.
To get back to that morning, you will certainly need some toothpaste (2.44 a tube), some hair shampoo (7 dollars for 12 oz), and a deodorant (&5.87 for a roll on, 1.5 oz). Now that you’ve had a shower, and got the chance to reminisce on the previous evening, you come to realize that your bad hairdo might have had something to do with that girl rejecting your drink. The time couldn’t be better to stop by a local men hairdressers and get the haircut of your dreams for $22.
While you’re at it
A new haircut simply calls for some additions to your appearance. A pair of Levis jeans will cost you about 64 bucks. If you are looking for a summer dress in a High Street Store, something that can be found in H&M or Zara, have 45 bucks prepared. For a pair of Nike or Adidas sports shoes, $124 will do, while a pair of men’s leather business shoes is around 161 dollars.
We hope we’ve given you a decent and somewhat clear picture of what your life might look like, all through the cost of living in Hamilton. These prices are current as of May 2019 and can change with the upcoming months. Still, this text ought to be a proper guide for the new chapter in your life. Have a safe trip and enjoy your new city!