Every business faces tough decisions over time. One of them could be the relocation of the offices. Hopefully, this is because your business is growing, so you need a bigger space. However, moving a business is a delicate and complex procedure. The move must be carefully planned and carried out efficiently or your business can suffer. Fortunately, you can count on commercial movers Toronto to help you in this difficult period. Nevertheless, mistakes are always possible. Therefore, stay with us, as we will pinpoint the 5 most common office move mistakes, so you know how to avoid them.
One of the most common office move mistakes is hiring amateur movers
We cannot stress enough just how important is to have reliable moving partners. The trick is to move without losing precious time, resources, customers, and opportunities. This is why the move must be carried out swiftly. Therefore, calling commercial movers Brampton is your best option. Don’t forget that professional movers have experience, knowledge, and the right tools to carry out every type of relocation. More importantly, if you hire professional movers, you don’t have to worry about the relocation process. That means you can concentrate on more important things, like running your business. Your presence will be more important than ever, considering the upcoming changes.
Some of the key office move mistakes come as a result of bad planning
Moving a business is a serious challenge because it involves many different factors. One way to get in control is to make a proper office moving plan. So, let’s take a look at some of the key elements of an office relocation plan:
- Deciding on a new location. People change the location of their business for many different reasons like lower taxes, a bigger market, or a cheaper workforce. Research your new location thoroughly before you move.
- Timing the move. Choosing a bad time for the move can have harmful consequences for your business. Some of the things you must take into account are holidays, ongoing projects, or weather conditions.
- Other key aspects. Your moving timeline should also include stuff like renovations, setting up phones and internet, buying new equipment and furniture.
Plan your budget wisely
Before you move, you must calculate the impact of that relocation on your business. Can your budget take additional expenses that will arise from the relocation? Here are some of the things you should consider before moving:
- Determine the price for the move. That is very easy actually. You just have to call your movers and ask them to give you a moving quote.
- Will you rent or buy a new space? Determine which option is more suitable for you before you move. Failing to do so can get you in liquidity troubles.
- Period of inactivity. With the right planning, this can be avoided. If that’s not the case, you need to calculate that period as another expense.
Failing to communicate with key partners
Finally, another thing people tend to forget is key partners and customers. If you are moving your business to another state, it is of utmost importance to let them know that.
So, there you have it, these were some of the most common office move mistakes. Follow our advice and you will be able to avoid them.